About Mrs. Rasmussen

Hello!  My name is Mrs. Katie Rasmussen.  2014-2015 finds me in my first year as an educator in the Sebeka School District.  I am honored and excited to be on Trojan and Warrior turf.

After graduating from Sebeka High, I attended the University of Minnesota, Northwest Community and Technical College and Southwest Minnesota State University.  I have an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Child Development and Education, and a Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Early Childhood Education.
For the past 5 years, I have been teaching Headstart through Tri-County Community Action Council in Brainerd and Staples.
My family has recently moved back to the Sebeka community after residing in Staples for the past 11 years.  I have been married to my husband, Jason for 11 years.  We have 2 sons, Parker (9) and Griffin (5).  We also have a white cat named, Snowball, and a black Mini Rex rabbit named Onyx.  We are excited to make new connections in our new home and school.
As a family we enjoy camping, fishing, and going to Minnesota Twins Games.  When the boys are out doing their ‘boy’ things, I find relaxation in gardening, shopping, and reading.
I look forward to meeting your family and I am thrilled to be your teacher!  It is going to be a fun year full of new adventures.

Mrs. Rasmussen